The Revalidation launch day has finally arrived and we’re on hand to help.
Revalidation has been brought in by the NMC to replace the old ‘post registration education and practice’ (PREP) system. The change has proven to be daunting to many, however, that doesn’t need to be the case as this new system ensures nurses and midwives demonstrate their practice is up-to-date every three years.
Around 16,000 nurses and midwives are due to revalidate in April and must provide evidence of the following:
- Compile 5 pieces of practice-related feedback
- Prepare 5 written reflective accounts relating to the code of conduct
- Complete a minimum of 35 hours of continuing professional development in the three years prior to registration renewal, with 20 of these hours being participatory
- A reflective discussion with another registrant
- All requirements must be signed off by a line manager
- Existing requirements: A minimum of at least 450 hours of practice, a health and character declaration and indemnity insurance must also be evidenced
TFS will be holding a large number of revalidation seminars so contact your consultant today!
If you require any further details regarding the revalidation process check out the NMC website or contact our consultants on:
020 7407 1122