- Understand what balance means, as a healthcare professional you will work long hours and the first thing you want to do when you get home is sleep. Ensure that you build downtime into your schedule- whether that is being around family or friends or having alone time to relax.
- Work smarter and not harder, handle your time well and aim to complete all your tasks given during your working day. Become more organised with your work and it will be easier to balance your day to day life.
- Figure out what drains your time, if you find yourself struggling to find time to balance both your work and life schedule, find out what is taking up most of your free time and see if you can cut this down.
- Take mini breaks during your day, whether it is to get some fresh air or to have a drink. Ensure that you are having some time to yourself to relax and reflect on your day.
- Invisible time wastage, 37% of your day tends to be taken up from speaking to co-workers. Individuals don’t realise how much time they waste during a day from taking time out of your day, try to avoid invisible time wastage to ensure that you get the most out of your day.
- Learn to say no, you may sometimes be asked to work for longer than you thought you would which may influence how you spend the rest of your day. Learning to say no will improve life outside of work as you will continue to have the free time that you need to ensure that you are happy and fulfilling your free time in the best way.
Here at TFS Healthcare, it is important for us to support you in having a good life balance. We offer the opportunity of full flexibility with our wide range of locum shifts. Give us a call on 020 7407 1122 to find out more about our job vacancies or have a look at our current jobs.