- Be consistent, your shift patterns may differ from week to week but maintaining regular exercise is possible. If work is within walking distance, then walk and make sure you keep to this everyday.
- If you travel to work via public transport, get off a few stops earlier and walk the rest of the way. This will increase the amount of exercise you do daily and the fresh air will get you ready to start the day.
- Always set realistic goals, exercise is easy to speak about, but the commitment is difficult. Make sure that what you are setting yourself is achievable. You have to ensure that your exercise routine fits in with your work and social life.
- Replace a coffee break with a brisk walk. Take a walk during your break rather than sitting down, fresh air will not only make you feel better, it is a break to clear your head and get fit at the same time.
- Exercise with other people- participating in exercise with others will inevitably make it more enjoyable.
- Choose something you love, look at exercise as a hobby rather than a chore. Pick an exercise you will enjoy and want to commit to.
Are you looking for your next role in healthcare? Give us a call on 020 7407 1122 to find out more about our job vacancies or register today.