Being a nurse means you will have a busy schedule and a packed day. Take a look at the tips below, which might help you in managing your time at work more effectively:
- Know your goals. Ensure that you are keeping on track with your goals and co-ordinating your time alongside your aims. Make sure that you are getting involved with tasks that relate to and support your outstanding goals.
- Planning, the worst thing you can do is jump straight into a task with no outlook on where you see yourself at the end of the day. As a nurse, your day to day routine differs depending on the jobs you are assigned during the day. It can be difficult to plan as you may not even know yourself what tasks you need to get done.
- Prioritising should become your new best friend, make a list of all your tasks and then label them from most to least important- get the important tasks done first and leave those that are less important until the end of the day.
- Take care of yourself- ensure that you get plenty of sleep and exercise. Your job is tough, make sure that on your days off you are resting and getting enough sleep to ensure that your next day at work is efficient.
- Get rid of any distractions, pay attention to what distracts you and the next time it occurs eliminate it.
If you would like to work for TFS Healthcare then register today or call 020 7407 1122 to hear more about the job opportunities we have available.